A Recent History of Progressive Religious Intolerance
When a group of Muslims led by a radical cleric who says that the USA has “Muslim blood on its hands” and should become a “sharia-compliant” country decided to erect a Mosque near Ground Zero to celebrate the victory of the Glorious 19… the American Progressive left suddenly decided that it was hateful and wrong to disrespect other people’s religion.
It was not always so…
- CNN founder Ted Turner: Christianity is a “religion for losers.”
- LA Times Columnist Joel Stein: Christianity is a Death Cult.
- Huffington Post Celebrates “Slow, Whining Death of Christianity.”
- Left-Wing Radio Host Mike Malloy: ‘(Christian Evangelist) Franklin Graham Should Blow His Brains Out.’
- American Atheist editor: Christian Daycare is Child Abuse
- ACLU Sues to Remove Mojave Cross.
- Los Angeles removes small cross from City Seal under threat from ACLU.
- San Diego California shuts down home Bible Study group.
- Bill Maher: The Pope Used to be a Nazi and the Catholic Church is a Cult.
- Bill Maher: Convert to Islam because Christianity is bullsh-t anyway.
- Bill Maher: At Least half of the Ten Commandments Are Stupid.
- Bill Maher: Religion is ‘the ultimate hustle.’
- DailyKos: Destroy Organized Religion.
- DailyKos: All Religions Pale Next to Environmentalism.
- Comedy Central Network won’t show or even say “Mohamed” but will do an entire animated sitcom based on Jesus Christ as a slacker-loser.
- Huffington Post: Christians are “simpletons”
- Huffington Post: Eradicate Christian Fundamentalism!
- Prison Bible Study Ministry shut down after lawsuit from liberal group: ‘Americans United for Separation of Church and State.’
- Harvard Prof: Fundamentalist Christians are no different than Muslim terrorists.
- Mormon Churches vandalized by Gay Marriage supporters.
- Sarah Palin’s church set on fire by arsonists.
And that was just one, quick, Google Search.
Curiously, none of these incidents inspired Time, Newsweek, or CNN to ask if America was “Christophobic.”