David Frum and the Gay Chickenhawk
Palin-hating “Republican in Exile” David Frum has attacked Rush Limbaugh for having bad taste in interior decorating, and has depicted Glenn Beck as a deranged conspiracy theorist. He said the Republicans were fools for not compromising with the Socialist-Radical-in-Chief and supporting ObamaCare. Then he turns around and supports the career of an aspiring journalist/blogger/pundit who openly admits to craving sex with teenage boys (and younger, even).
But he’s okay promoting an out-and-proud pedophile?
A brief overview of the already publicized material depicting (David Frum protege David) Knepper’s profoundly disturbing ideas about sex:
- Pedophiles are the new blacks — innocent victims lynched by hysterical demagogues.
- Rape isn’t lethal, so victims have no business calling themselves “survivors.”
- The Marquis de Sade, author of violent, pornographic depictions of child rape, is a “divine” figure whose writing will help people “embrace the fires of sexuality.”
- A 17-year-old is a woman, not a girl, and age is just a number.
- Online opponents should be degraded by calling them “little boy.”
- There’s nothing wrong or unusual about a 20-year-old man being a devoted fan of boyish pop star Justin Bieber.
Admittedly, I’ve told a pedophile joke or two in my time. (Two editors for The Atlantic were sitting around discussing their sexual conquests. “One time,” said one, “I had an eight year old with the body of a six year old.”) but what Knepper does goes way, way beyond that.